For CUSD Site Use
This information is covered below:
- Social media connections to make it easy to click and share with your audience
- Staff intro to #CashForClassrooms information (cut/paste/tweak as you see fit to use in correspondence with your team)
- Newsletter or email "blurbs" for your school or individual classrooms
- How to document for those handling deposits (see downloadable file below)
- Downloadable graphics for newsletters/emails
Information will be updated throughout the campaign. Never hesitate to let us know if you need additional materials or support. We appreciate you!
We know you're juggling a million and one things. Don't worry, we are here to make sure you have the tools you need to make this as easy as possible! Visit our social media pages and share away.
Thank you for your support!
Information to Send Home
Here's information you may cut, paste and share with CUSD families about the Cash For Classrooms campaign. Feel free to modify the messages as needed to make them appropriate for your site. Be sure to look below for all the ways other schools are promoting the campaign.
Check back each week for new material!
Newsletter or Email:
Message #1 (w/envelope distribution):
This week our school is participating in the annual Chandler Education Foundation Cash for Classrooms campaign which funds enrichment grants for classrooms and schools across Chandler Unified School District. Envelopes will come home this week and we ask you to consider giving what you can. If you'd prefer, you can also donate online at ChandlerCashForClassrooms.org. Even a small contribution makes a big difference. This year's focus will be to fund grants that prepare students for an increasingly technology driven workforce and world. Donations of $100 or more will receive a State Forty Eight CEF shirt! For more information, visit ChandlerEdFoundation.org.
Message #2 (site not distributing envelopes - electronic only):
This week our school is participating in the annual Chandler Education Foundation Cash For Classrooms campaign which funds enrichment grants for schools across Chandler Unified School District. We ask that you consider giving what you can online at ChandlerCashForClassrooms.org. Our teachers write grants for opportunities like field trips and technology that take learning to the next level. Donations of $100 or more receive a State Forty Eight CEF shirt!
Message #3 (w/envelope distribution):
This week students are coming home with Cash for Classrooms flyers campaign envelopes. Donations support classroom and school grants that provide funding for innovative learning experiences like robotics, field trips, science materials, and technology. Your contribution, no matter how much, makes a big difference. Donate by cash or check sent back in the envelope provided, or donate online at ChandlerCashForClassrooms.org. Donations of $100 or more will receive a State Forty Eight CEF t-shirt as a thank you for supporting excellence in education.
Thank you for your assistance collecting and counting donations. We appreciate you! Here are a few helpful things when counting money:
- Always have 2 people present when counting money
- Use the form provided to document money count (our bank will love you for it and we will too!)
- Ensure that contributions of $100 or more have a legible email address for us to reach out about a shirt/size
- Confirm envelopes are empty and all envelopes are returned to the Foundation
- Return unused envelopes as well - we can always use them
- Enclose all envelopes for online donations, but please do not add them to your total. We'll be sure to do so and let you know
Helpful Information for staff emails or meetings:
- Cash for Classrooms: This annual, districtwide campaign held by Chandler Education Foundation focuses on raising money to support excellence in education. Our ability to distribute funds is proportionate to our ability to raise them.
- Share with your students WHY this fundraiser is important, and consider sharing about a grant a teacher at your site previously received. Getting students excited about what money is being raised for and how it helps increases the chance they will share the info at home.
- Ask for small donations - we're not trying to be greedy; a little bit adds up quickly.
- Please share the donation webpage: ChandlerCashForClassrooms.org. Images are provided for download.
- Donate $100 or more and receive a State Forty Eight shirt!
- Staff giving shows you believe in the cause.
- Payroll deduction on iVisions is an easy way to spread out your donation throughout the year. CEF will receive verification from Payroll. Other ways to give include Cash or Check or by contributing online at ChandlerCashForClassroooms.org.
- Be sure to apply for an Enrichment Grant!: C4C Enrichment Grant Application
Applying for C4C Enrichment Grants
Please feel free to cut and paste this information for correspondence with CUSD staff:
The 2021 #CashForClassrooms campaign is underway! We know you want to be to be thoughtful about where you give your money. This fundraiser supports enrichment grants written by teachers and principals across the district. The number of grants funded depends on the amount of money contributed during this campaign. With these grants, educators add that extra something to make learning memorable, and take regular lessons to the next level.
Teachers and schools may apply for grants to cover expenses for classroom or school enrichment. This year, the main focus of the Foundation includes innovative grants that prepare CUSD students for their future. Grants may include (but aren't limited to) technology, library additions, guest presentations or experiences, and additional curriculum or supplies not typically covered by District.
Applications are available on the CUSD website linked here at CEF Enrichment Grant Application or under the What We Do/Support Teachers & Schools section of the CEF website at ChandlerEdFoundation.org
Volunteer panels review each grant proposal. Here are some helpful hints:
- Be concise, answer each question as asked, and make it easy for a non-educator to see the question asked has been adequately answered.
- If more than one teacher is applying for the same materials, either write the grant together or submit unique applications and narratives. Please do not copy materials.
- Articulate the scope of the impact these funds can make.
School Specific Examples Submitted by our Fabulous Liaisons
These are snippets of outreach collateral used at CUSD sites. Be sure to modify them to meet your site needs!
Shared by Jana Nassar from ACP - Middle School (6-8th grades) Thank you Jana!
Cash For Classrooms
The week of August ______, our school is participating in the annual Chandler Education Foundation's Cash for Classrooms Campaign which funds enrichment grants for classrooms and schools across Chandler Unified School District. Even a small donation makes a big difference. Envelopes went home today and you may also donate online at ChandlerCashForClassrooms.org. No matter how you choose to donate, please have your child return their envelope to their first period teacher in order to receive a free dress day on _________________.
The great thing about our district is the autonomy each site has to motivate and incentivize staff and students in whatever way they choose. Some popular ideas:
- Free dress day for a donation or full participation (staff or students). Participation can also include a signed and empty envelope that students showed their parents but may not have been able to donate.
- Free hat day
- Some schools have sponsored a raffle/gift card drawing for participation from teachers
- Window stars, paw prints, certificates to show class participation numbers by students
- Chains of slips showing participation compared for length at a school event
- Competitions between grade levels, teams or classrooms
- Want to add your idea? Email us at ChandlerEdFoundation@cusd80.com
Downloadable Images and Forms
Select any of these images to download and use as needed for communication/outreach about Cash for Classrooms.